Thank you to everyone who helped make the launch to the Commons 1st Sunday Block Party a success! On July 1st, approximately 2,500 people joined us at the 1st Sunday Block Party on Fulton Street. Attendees enjoyed a special performance and juggling workshop by San Francisco’s own Circus Bella, free dance/movement workshops with Alonzo King LINES Dance Center, an interactive exhibit by the designers from NONAPS at the Village Artist Corner, block printing tutorials by Jenny Lemons, a LEGO build station by the Department of Children Youth and Families, and more! Click here to see more photos of the July 1st event on the Civic Center Commons Facebook page.
Civic Center Commons is hosting weekend block parties on the 1st Sunday of every month now through November 4th from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Fulton Street between the Asian Art Museum and the San Francisco Main Public Library. These FREE family-friendly events feature recreational activities for all ages, a selection of bar and street food offerings curated by Off the Grid, music and promotional appearances by Bonneville San Francisco, an open-air bazaar with one-of-a-kind goods created by local SF Etsy artisans, DIY arts and crafts activities, and other rotating attractions.
The next 1st Sunday Commons Block Party will be on August 5 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m on Fulton Street at Larkin. This event will feature:
- Street soccer, where everyone can play and compete for prizes
- A Make-Your-Own-Slime booth
- A playful interactive exhibit by the designers from NONAPS at the Village Artist Corner
- A book sale booth by the Friends of the SF Public Library (pick up some summer reading!)
- And, a chance to play your friends in family in a game of giant scrabble, brought to you by 826 Valencia