Starting July 1 – join us from 11am – 3pm on the 1st Sunday of the month for a block party on Fulton Street at Larkin!
This family-friendly event will feature recreational activities for all ages, a selection of bar and street food offerings curated by Off the Grid, music and promotional appearances by Bonneville San Francisco, KOIT, KMVQ and KMLX stations, an open-air bazaar with one-of-a-kind goods created by local SF Etsy artisans, free DIY arts and crafts activities, and more.
Spend your Sunday in the Commons: grab local produce at the nearby Heart of the City Farmers’ Market, play on the new playgrounds, check out the Asian Art Museum‘s FREE 1st Sundays and join us for brunch and games.
The July 1st Block Party will kick-off the series with:
- A special performance by San Francisco’s own Circus Bella at 11:30 am, followed by a juggling workshop
- Get moving with Alonzo King LINES Dance Center at the Circus Bella Stage Ring at 2:00pm
- An interactive exhibit by the designers from NONAPS at the Village Artist Corner
- A LEGO build by the Department of Children Youth and Families, and games for all ages, with prizes
- Block Printing tutorials by Jenny Lemons throughout the event (the first 30 people will get special CCC tote bags to decorate!)
The open-air bazaar will feature a selection of local artisan vendors, including:
- Travel Inspired Art from Jennifer Clifford
- Modern meets Vintage Groovy Home Decor from Groovy Fisco
- The perfect SF Treasures from The Weekend Store
- Huggable Whimsical Pillows from OodleBaDoodle
- Sassy Cards and Enamel Pins from Leah Jachimowicz
- Coffee N Cream Press
- Perfect Laser Cut SF Gifts and Jewelry from Splendid Colors
- When You Need The Perfect Words – Say Something Cards
- Beautiful Handmade Ceramics from Tina Fossella
- Unique Hand Painted Home Decor – Glitterglobe Creations
- Magical Watercolor Art from Petite Papillon
- Handmade Wood Burned Pieces from Sunni at Sunni Raney
- San Francisco Photo Essays on Wood from Cuppa Fog Designs
- Unique and Inspired Jewelry from Ferral Blue
- Handbags and Fashion Illustrations Lovingly Made in SF
- Upcycled Books and Art from Rae
RSVP and invite friends on Facebook.
We hope to see you on July 1st, and at other events this season: Civic Center Commons is hosting weekend block parties on the 1st Sunday of every month July 1 through November 4 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Fulton Street between the Asian Art Museum and the San Francisco Main Public Library.
We also invite you to join us for evening block parties on the 3rd Thursday of every month starting June 21 through October 18, 2018; 5-9:00 p.m. at Civic Center Plaza. Learn more about the 3rd Thursday block parties here.
If you’re interested in sponsoring a Block Party, click here.
Thank you to our key 2018 Sponsors!