Join us on the 1st Sunday of the month from 11am to 3pm for a block party on Fulton Street at Larkin. The next event is October 7th!
This FREE family-friendly event features recreational activities for all ages, a selection of street food curated by Off the Grid, music and promotional appearances by Bonneville San Francisco KMVQ 99.7 FM, an open-air bazaar with one-of-a-kind goods created by local SF Etsy artisans, DIY arts and crafts activities and more.
For the next Block Party on October 7th we’re excited to offer:
- Street soccer, where everyone can play and compete for prizes
- A playful interactive exhibit by the designers from NONAPS at the Village Artist Corner
- Friends of the SF Public Library’s Sundays Streets Books Sale (pick up some summer reading!)
- DIY crafts – make “easy peasy” paper pendant necklaces
- A chance to move with Alonzo King LINES Dance Center
- An opportunity to partake in SF Department of Children, Youth and Their Families’ LEGO build
- A chance to play friends and family in a game of giant Scrabble from by 826 Valencia
The open-air bazaar will feature a selection of local artisan Etsy vendors:
- Joyyodesigns: Handmade painted rock wall art. Some have inspirational messages. Some are on drift wood and some on reclaimed wood.
- PetitPapillon Art: Whimsical animal watercolors.
- Amei Papitto: Small oilsketch, of SF or Eastbay scenery.
- Light of Day Jewelry: New jewelry from bits and pieces of vintage costume jewelry. Every piece is a one of a kind!
- Raes of Sun: Up-cycled book related items – purses, bookmarks, blank journals.
- The Heated: The Heated screen prints dish towels, mostly with images of San Francisco.
- Decadent Mini: Fun, scented, mini food jewelry.
- Oodlebadoodle: Huggable art pillows
- Weird Vanity: Fine art paintings done in acrylic paints, water colors and alcohol inks. Custom pet portraits, glass paintings, wood paintings, watercolor bookmarks, handmade greeting and post cards.
- Utinni crafts: I make star wars and other geeky inspired items such as hair clips, make up bags, coin purses, tote bags, and little felt dolls.
- Bohemian Witchcraft: Hand made arts and crafts, crystals, sage, sage flower wands and palo santo, jewelry, Calendars.
- Bottle of Clouds: I make laser cut and hand painted wooden jewelry to make people smile.
- Messy Playkits: Messy fun play kits featuring color changing SLIME.
- Groovy Frisco: Totally far out cool stuff!! prints/cards/fridge magnets/mugs of my original artwork.
- Jogojoy: Handmade games.
- The Weekend Store: Jewelry and gifts made from maps.
- Little Lemon: A celebration of being Weird – books, accessories and things to cuddle.
We hope you’ll join us and spend your Sunday enjoying the Block Party and other attractions in the Commons: grab local produce at the nearby Heart of the City Farmers’ Market in UN Plaza, check out the Asian Art Museum’s FREE first Sundays, or pop over to Civic Center Plaza to play on the new playgrounds and visit the Commons’ newest attraction: a major public art installation by Zak Ové, brought to you by the San Francisco Arts Commission.
We hope to see you on September 2nd, and at other events this season: Civic Center Commons is hosting weekend block parties on the 1st Sunday of every month through November 4th from 11am to 3pm on Fulton Street between the Asian Art Museum and the San Francisco Main Public Library.
We also invite you to join us for evening block parties on the 3rd Thursday of every month through October 18, 2018; 5pm to 9 pm at Civic Center Plaza. Learn more about the 3rd Thursday block parties here.
If you’re interested in sponsoring a Block Party, click here.
Thank you to our key 2018 Sponsors!